Terms & Conditions, Policies
This page contains the Terms & Conditions for use of this site, as well as our relevant Policies which are available from this site. If you have any comments or concerns
about these documents, please contact us by email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The relevant policies are:
The Barnet Collection ("We") are committed to protecting and respecting your privacy.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the Act), the data controller is:
The Barnet Collection: c/o email@example.com
Information we may collect from you
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Information you give us. You may give us information about you by filling in forms or surveys on Our Site or by corresponding with us by phone, e-mail or otherwise. This includes information you provide when you visit our events and activities, register as an “editor” to edit our site, subscribe to our email newsletter services, email us using our Contact form, and when you report a problem with our site. The information you give us may include your name, address, e-mail address and phone number.
- Information we collect about you on this site. With regard to each of your visits to our site we may automatically collect the following information:
- technical information, including the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet, your login information, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform;
- information about your visit, including the full Uniform Resource Locators (URL) clickstream to, through and from our site (including date and time); information pages you viewed or searched for; page response times, download errors, length of visits to certain pages, page interaction information (such as scrolling, clicks, and mouse-overs), and methods used to browse away from the page.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may receive information about you if you use any of the other websites (eg Social Media sites) we operate or visit the events and activities we provide. In this case we will have informed you when we collected that data that it may be shared internally and combined with data collected on this site. We are also working closely with third parties (including, for example, analytics providers, search information providers) and may receive information about you from them.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- Information you give to us. We will use this information:
- to provide you with the information, products, activities and services that you request from us;
- to provide you with information about other goods and services we offer, that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about;
- to provide you with information about goods, services, events or activities we feel may interest you. If you are an existing customer or visitor, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale, or an event or activity you expressed an interest in. If you do not want us to use your data in this way, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (the Contact or Subscription forms);
- to notify you about changes to our activities and events;
- to ensure that content from our site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/tablet/phone.
- Information we collect about you. We will use this information:
- to administer our site and for internal operations, including troubleshooting, data analysis, testing, research, statistical and survey purposes;
- to improve our site to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer/tablet/phone;
- to allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, such as surveys, when you choose to do so;
- as part of our efforts to keep our site safe and secure and to reduce incoming spam;
- to measure or understand the effectiveness of advertising we serve to you and others, and to deliver relevant advertising to you;
- to make suggestions and recommendations to you and other users of our site about goods or services that may interest you or them.
- Information we receive from other sources. We may combine this information with information you give to us and information we collect about you. We may us this information and the combined information for the purposes set out above (depending on the types of information we receive).
Disclosure of your information
We may share your personal information with any Member of our group, which means our Artist Members and Honorary Members.
We may share your information with selected third parties including:
- Business partners, suppliers and sub-contractors for the performance of any contract we enter into with them or you. Specifically, but not exclusively, our website hosting/editing facility, MailChimp and Google Groups.
- Analytics and search engine providers that assist us in the improvement and optimisation of our site.
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- If The Barnet Collection or substantially all of its assets are acquired by a third party, in which case personal data held by it about its customers will be one of the transferred assets.
Where we store your personal data
All information you provide to us is stored on our, or on our suppliers’, secure servers. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password which enables you to access certain parts of our site, specifically the Members area or the Weebly editing site, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential. We ask you not to share a password with anyone.
Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access.
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Our site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, sponsors, suppliers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information held about you. Your right of access can be exercised in accordance with the Act.
Any access request may be subject to a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you.